Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Taking of Pelham 123: 3 stars

Denzel could read the Phone Book and I'd show up to watch it. I mean the guy is seriously one of the best actors of our generation. Name a movie that he was in where he didn't deliver an amazing performance and I will name you ten outstanding movies he's been in. In the Taking of Pelham, Denzel's character is manning the dispatch of the train station while John Travolta's character has taken hostages on train 123. I really enjoyed the movie and thought it was well done with a few interesting twists. Catch this one on a matinee show and it will be well worth it!

3 comments:

  1. but does Denzel "do this"?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I'm kind of getting tired of Denzel playing the part of Denzel in most of his movies. I want to see something new and different from him (like when G Clooney played in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou instead of playing himself again. Or actually like Denzel in Much Ado About Nothing 15 years ago.) I agree he's a great actor, but he's fallen into one role, it seems. Name those ten movies, and I'll bet you'll agree with me.

    ReplyDelete