Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Angels and Demons: Surprising 3.5 Stars

Ron Howard and Tom Hanks team up again for the prequel to Da Vinci Code. I was surprised how much I liked this movie (this is the first Summer movie that I waited to see). I would describe it as a more adult version of National Treasure with the puzzle-solving and such but more violent and some graphic images. I read the book years ago and still enjoyed the movie; however my brother who recently finished the book did not appreciate the movie as much. The movie does deviate from the book significantly but the story is still along the same lines. If you have not read the book, I think you will enjoy the movie more as you won't have to debate the two. The plot is very interesting and I believe that this movie was better done than the Da Vinci Code. People who expected more from Da Vinci should give this one a chance. Angels & Demons delivers and continues the streak of a nice list of Summer movies.

1 comment: