Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wolverine: 3.5 stars

X-Men Origins: Wolverine starts a month full of potential amazing blockbusters including: the new Star Trek, Angels and Demons and Terminator! So back to Wolverine...definitely geared towards the fanboy but able to woo casual fans of the franchise. Its quality is closer to the first two installments of the X Men Franchise than the third (which is a good thing if you're wondering!). I loved the characters they introduced along with a detailed look at Wolverine's past (yay for Friday Night Light's fans!!!). Very cool look to the movie, special effects are spot on, and a decent plot was an added plus. I wish it would have dealt more with some other aspects of Wolverine's past but I can see the benefit of the way it went. I am a fan of prequels and this did a good job of tying in with the first X-Men movie. Make sure and stick around after the credits to catch a clip at the end. Summed up, if you are an action movie, Wolverine, or just a Hugh Jackman fan then this is a must see! 

6 comments:

  1. True Dat! Actually I haven't seen it. But I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your wording it makes me want to see the movie more. I particularly liked the usage of the phrase "Spot on." Nicely put. I give your review a 4. (out of 4)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, if you can possibly wait to see T4, I'll go with you to that one when you come in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can possibly see it twice :-) ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you kidding me? "wait" this guy says. what kind of movie critic waits to see a movie!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. One that doesn't get paid for his opinions?

    ReplyDelete