Friday, May 22, 2009

Terminator Salvation: 3.5 stars

I feel like Stephanie on her rating of The Soloist. I think it was 3.5 stars but it could have been a little better or a little worse. This movie was my most anticipated of the Entire Summer! SO needless to say, expectations were high. As Isaac and I sat in the emptying theatre we were left talking about why it fell short of expectations. I asked him what they could have done better but we were having a hard time coming up with why the Dark Knight couldn't carry Terminator. Maybe its because he can't lift as much as Arnold?? But seriously I think there were a couple reasons... 1. The biggest reason is the trailer gives away too much. If you have not seen it and plan to watch the movie, avoid the trailer. It would have been better if some of that content was left as a surprise. 2. Throughout the franchise I was lead to believe that John Connor was humanity's hope and was the leader of the resistance. He is not the focus of the movie in my opinion and I was sad to see he was not the HNIC I had always thought him to be. This being said, I thought it was a solid movie but definitely tailored for true fans of the franchise. The PG-13 rating was a smart move as it leaves the movie accessible to a larger audience while still keeping it a high-action movie. It made me think of the Die Hard franchise coming out with the 4th installment PG-13 leaving the R rating to appeal to a larger audience. So to sum it up, I liked it better than Wolverine but much less than Star Trek (my early pick for best movie of the Summer). If you are a fan of Terminator don't miss this movie. If you are not, you may want to wait for it to come out on dvd. To be honest I am actually very excited to see it again next week hoping the second time is better than the first. You still wanna watch it right Darryl?!?

3 comments:

  1. Hm... YOu had a lot to say about this one! I won't be seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely better the second time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this movie, and it was cool to go see it with you. It wasn't quite what I hoped--I give it about 3 stars. But I definitely had fun watching it. There were just some plot holes, and it ticked me off that they didn't finish the story. They just keep stretching it out. It will be another 5-6 years before they come out with the next non-ending. Then I'll swear Terminator movies off (until the next one comes out.)

    ReplyDelete