Friday, May 8, 2009

Stark Trek: 4 Stars!!!

J.J. Abrams did a masterful job of resurrecting one of the most well-known and very popular franchises of all time. Trekkies and casual fans alike will love this movie. It is the best movie of the summer (very early I know) so far and maybe will be the best when all is said and done. The plot is very cool as it picks up on the life of Jim Kirk and his crew at a very young age leaving definite room for a sequel or two which I wouldn't mind by the way. The actors cast did a great job even throwing in some vintage Star Trek isms you're sure to pick up on. Star Trek will keep you on the edge of your seat from the first minute through the remaining 2 hrs and 5 minutes. The action and space scenes are beautifully shot which is a must for a scifi film. With no sex scenes and very little language, this is a movie suitable for the whole family (kids over age of 10). If you are wondering which movie to watch this summer and have to pick just 1, see this movie but go to the bathroom before it starts, because you wont want to miss a thing!

4 comments:

  1. Love IT! You are wonderful... we will have to go see this together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Did you notice that Winona Ryder played Spock's mother and Tyler Perry also cameo'ed as one of the Fleet's Admirals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to see this Thursday. It was really hard for me not to go at the midnight showing. I'm excited. (So what if I don't like !'s)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So now I've seen it, and I have a new favorite Star Trek movie. This one was AWESOME! Really, it was great. If you're not a fan of Star Trek in general, you will still love this movie. It really was action packed, and I didn't think they were just stretching to put more into it. It really had a plot (which is normal for Star Treks, actually). If you ARE a fan of Star Trek, then this movie can't disappoint. It didn't make fun of itself at all. The science was well thought out (at least as well as it's ever been, or better). They were dropping classic lines right and left without doing it in a cheesy way! That really surprised me, because I wondered if a new generation would try to put down the older stuff to think that they are clever, but they really were holding up the older stuff rather. I also REALLY liked the casting. I hope that they run with this group and fill out even more movies as good as this one. And now I'll get back to my homemade warp drives I've been building.

    ReplyDelete